Monday, May 4, 2009

Message "Folder In Use. Close the folder and try again." in Vista

I created a folder called "sh" on c:\, dropped a couple of documents inside and shared it. A couple of hours later , I tried to delete the folder and its contents. Note that I didn't even touch the documents in that folder on my computer or any of the other computers.

Nevertheless I get a lovely message:
"Folder In Use
The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program
Close the folder and try again. "

I managed to delete the contents of the folder manually, but the folder itself would refuse to go. I even tried to end explorer.exe and delete the folder from commandline, same error. Then I found this.

MS sais it's a bug and that it occurs after trying to delete a shared folder. Their solution is:
In this case, you have to restart the computer. After that, you can delete the folder.
Worked for me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment